Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Sunday

We have spent couple of nights at St Andrew’s State Park. The Campground is fabulous, it gives a lot of sites right on the Bayou, unfortunately ours was not and it was very small, I only managed to get our trailer on because of my excellent driving. The weather has perked up, today was nice and warm. We have doen a bit of recovery as Sally’s body said it was time to stop and recharge. So I have done a bit of bird spotting, it’s a bit early yet for bikinis, but I do my best. On Friday while sitting outside our trailer I heard a rustle in the undergrowth and eventually managed to photograph a male Towhee bird, the female and a juvenile, very interesting as they are appeared to be quite a secretive little bird. I also photographed a Carolina Chickadee (yes all you fans of W.C.Fields, it really is the name of a bird, it’s about 4 inches long is grey and has a little black cap). While out strolling round the camp Sally noticed a bird popping in and out of a hole in a dead pine tree, we identified it as a Brown Headed Nuthatch. We also saw Brown Pelican, Great Blue Heron, Mallard, and Grebe. This afternoon we ventured out to a local mall and ended up at Scampy’s Seafood and Steak Restaurant. Sally had shrimp in a garlic sauce and I had a rib-eye steak. It was simple but very nice. Tomorrow we move on round the coast to St George’s State Park.

No comments: