Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Moving on to O'leno

We have now packed up and said our farewells to Paula, Connie and Jim, Sandy and Don, as well as a number of other people we have made friends with. We arrived at O’Leno State Park late last night and set up in the dark, thank goodness that the site we had was a fairly easy access. I only had to reverse, more or less, straight. Just avoiding a tree by my front right wheel of the truck and swinging the back of the trailer round the power box, so that the slide out would miss it. It’s funny how we view things differently. I took three goes at getting the right line, then a couple of little goes to get into the right spot. I know that getting the right line is essential to reversing, so it doesn’t worry me to do it several times. But Sally gets really embarrassed when I have to take another go at it. Still my reversing is improving and Sally is improving in letting me take my time over it.
When we woke this morning and opened the blinds we find that we are in the middle of a forest. Sally, lying in bed, watched a large deer pass close to the trailer. We are hoping to take some more time to relax this week, soak up the sun and watch what else the forest has to offer.

No comments: